I have an unhealthy addiction to weight loss. I literally go through life daily thinking about my weight and how I can be smaller. This blog will take you on a journey of my thoughts, my struggles, and ultimately - my successes.
Hey Everyone! It's been a while - I know, I know, I know! It really helps me blog when I know you all are reading. I love feeling like the world is watching (thanks Ray & Ray). Well, a quick update - I'm still winning! I am 9 pounds lighter - YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY! I'm not sure what my weight loss per week is but I know that this week I lost nothing. I can attribute that to two things 1) I didn't get to go to the gym at all and 2) sheer exhaustion. Contrary to popular belief sleep is related to weight loss (google it). Now, I've decided to do something a little different. Tonight, I'm going to give you ten things I've learned on my weight loss journey complete with examples. Sit back, relax, and read on!
1. Cheating is essential! No one person can omit everything unhealthy from their diet - it's impossible. If you know someone who has done this they are lying to you - get rid of them!
2. You will never want to work out! However if you don't you'll be saggy and flabby. You have two choices - 1)complain about working out while working out or 2) complain about being saggy and flabby because you didn't work out.
3. Saying "NO" becomes easy and starts to carry over to other parts of your life. Ex: The other day one of my co-workers asked me if I wanted this chocolate thing and I said "No - Thank you" - simple. Shortly after that, a homeless man asked me for money and I said "No - Thank you" - I guess this is only a benefit if you have issues saying "no".
4.Every pound lost is instant therapy! No matter what type of tangled mess your life may be in, the fact that you're losing weight makes it all better! You can walk away from every situation knowing that you are too cute to stress over your car being repossessed - lol!
5.Some people will try make you think you were cuter heavier. It's a lie and the truth is not in them - get rid of them because they are trying to steal your shine - (or your man/woman)!
6.Random Facebook Checks Please - as a public service - go through and take down/untag yourself (email and call people if you have to) in all the albums/pictures that you and/or other people put up of you while you were in your "thick" stage. You should replace the old photo's with current photo's. Trust me - it makes you feel good and is a constant reminder of your success!
7.Buy yourself something in 5 or 10 pound increments. This is self-explanatory.
8.Track your progress. You need to know what works and what doesn't.
9. Do NOT watch shows like "The Biggest Loser" and/or "Celebrity Fit Club". If nothing else - the shows are at least an hour. You watching them work out doesn't in any way shape or form help you. Be smart and go to the gym or take a walk during that time.
10. Get an accountability system/plan. Whether you are blogging, talking to friends, doing WW, or just sharing your thoughts on fb - find a way for other people (those who have your best interest at heart) to hold you accountable for your weight loss.
Thanks for reading and until next time - try to be healthy!