Monday, October 19, 2009

Working Out and Grocery Shopping Both Suck!




I look crazy! What am I thinking? I'm in my basement doing squats with four pound weights in each hand. My legs are shaking, my forehead is glistening, my arms are burning, and my knees are hurting. Whoever said that working out is fun is a liar and the truth ain't (excuse my colloquialism) in them! The end result of working out may be beauty but the process is ugly and PAINFUL! Just in case you don't understand what I'm trying to say here it is plain and simple - working out sucks! Now, I'm moving on. I must be honest, today was still a pretty good day for me but I made one or two or three poor choices. The first is I failed to go to the grocery store this past weekend which resulted in me packing a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch when all I ate for breakfast was applesauce. Of course after my applesauce at 7am I was starving by 9am and ate the peanut butter and jelly sandwich at 9:30am. At 11:15am I realized I had no lunch and now must go out into the world of fatty, fried, sodium filled, and hormone infested foods on my 30 minute lunch break to make a healthy lunch decision. THE PRESSURE WAS ON! After deciding against Potbelly's, Five Guys, Juilia's Empanadas, Starbucks, a Pizza Place, and CVS I decided to go with Panda Express. I figured I could request about a cup of steamed rice with veggies and the shrimp stuff that cost an extra dollar. I ate that and felt satisfied. If it helps anyone feel a little better - it took me about 12-14 minutes (total) to walk there and back. Anyway once back at work I violated my snack rights and had about two hand-fulls of my co-workers snack mix while she was teaching academic support (my apologies CFB - you know I love you!). After that (the end of my work day) I walked about 5 minutes to help another co-worker out after school for about two hours. When I got home (close to 7pm) I realized that I still hadn't gone grocery shopping and had nothing to eat. I quickly spent 15 minutes playing with Agape (my ADHD puppy) and hopped back in the car to go to the grocery store. I went to Giant - got groceries - got home and realized that I was no longer hungry. I then went downstairs only to discover that working out sucks and if I would've gone to the grocery store at some point during the weekend I probably wouldn't have had a series of cataclysmic food events taking place all in one day. Good Night.

7 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you! You are focused and driven. Two things I lack now that the wedding is over. Keep it up, girl. And... you are beautiful NO MATTER WHAT. ;)
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't forget to drink a lot of water, that helps with hunger cravings

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're awesome. The amount of drive and focus that you have displayed is so inspiring. Remember in the midst of all of your mental and physical rigor to never skip a meal. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you said "Panda Express" I thought, "Oh no Ms. Graves!!" But sounds like your decision was okay :) Did you check the nutrition facts online? Also, FYI, Potbelly's pretty harmless too...turkey on whole wheat no cheese w/ veggies and some baked lays is generally satisfying... I don't know how you worked out w/ a headache. You've got me and my 1/2 hour workouts of late beat, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great Roilyn. The fact that you've been exercising daily is so great. Don't worry, you will have good and bad days along this journey. Keep up the good work. By the way, it's fun having you with us in after-scare...I mean aftercare. It's nice to get away from the Upper School kids once in a while isn't it? See you tomorrow.

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your support! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girllllll...these are hilarious....Love ya and keep up the GREAT work!

    ReplyDelete